Downloadable resources for you & your classroom. Free to use, copy, adapt/modify and distribute “for noncommercial purposes; however credit the CSLP when doing so.
These in-depth guides provide detailed information on using ABRA, including tool activities, best practices, tested classroom management suggestions, and information on the assessment module (for tracking student progress in ABRA).
Country-specific guides help teachers use ABRA to meet their specific curriculum requirements.
North American Edition Kenya 2nd Edition UK Edition
These short guides provide information on using the tool effectively. These guides can be printed for consultation in the classroom.
- Getting Started in ABRA
- ABRA Icons
- Quick Tips
- Connections: Sounds, Letters, and Words
- Connections: Reading
- Connections: Understanding the Story
- Connections: Writing
- Using ABRA and ePEARL Together
Kenya Quick Guides
These lesson plans support ABRA’s online activities.
Sounds, Letters, and Words (Alphabetics)
Understanding the Story (Comprehension)
These guides are intended to support teachers in Kenya by focusing on a Kenyan context.
- Gender Equity in the Classroom
- Different Pupils, Different Needs: Using ABRA in a Mixed-Ability Classroom
- Using Stations/Centres in the Classroom
- ABRACADABRA – Student Module
- Tracking Student Activity with ABRACADABRA
Kenya: Cooperative Learning
These guides suggest activities that use Cooperative Learning to help foster a positive learning environment in Kenyan classrooms.
- Cooperative Learning Introduction
- 5 Steps to Cooperative Learning
- Quick Guide: Cooperative Learning Activities
- Fostering Social Skills & Managing Classroom Content
- Student Teams-Achievement Division (STAD)
- Teams-Games_Tournaments (TGT)
These documents are geared towards providing supplementary support.
These documents are meant to be consumed by students. As they have space for students to fill out, you may need to print multiple copies.
- ABRA Coloring Book
- Login Cards
- Sentence Starter: Animals
- Sentence Starter: Environment
- Sentence Starter: Everyday Activities
- Sentence Starter: Four Seasons
- Sentence Starter: Home
- Sentence Starter: The Little Red Hen
- Sentence Starter: Numbers
- Sentence Starter: Placement and Direction
- Sentence Starter: School
- Word Search: Art
- Word Search: Dance
- Word Search: Drama
- Word Search: Earth and Space
- Word Search: Math
- Word Search: Music
- Word Search: Numbers
- Word Search: Shapes
These handouts focus on a particular activity in ABRA. They can be used in conjunction with the online activities to help students develop their skills.
- Basic Decoding – Level 2
- Comprehension Monitoring – Short Vowels
- Comprehension Monitoring – Long vowels
- Comprehension Monitoring – Preposition
- High Frequency Practice
- Letter Sound Matching – 1
- Letter Sound Matching – 2
- Letter Sound Matching – 3
- Letter Sound Search – Level 1 (lower case)
- Letter Sound Search – Level 2 (lower case)
- Letter Sound Search – Level 2 (upper case)
- Letter Sound Search – Level 2 (mixed case)
- Letter Sound Search – Level 3
- Segmenting – Two-sound Words
- Segmenting – Three-sound Words
- Segmenting – Four-sound Words
- Sequencing – Level 1 – Darryl Don’t Dawdle!
- Sequencing – Level 1 – How a Bean Sprouts
- Sequencing – Level 1 – When I Open My Eyes
- Spelling Words – Level 3
- Spelling Words – Level 6
- Syllable Counting – Fruit Syllables
- Vocabulary Matching
- Word Families – Level 1
- Word Families – Level 2
- Word Matching – Level 1
- Word Matching – Level 2
Parents play an important role in their children’s development of numeracy. The CSLP has created a resource page and a flyer to provide information and resources to parents.
- Parent Module
- Parent Flyer