As a student of the Department of Education, a FirstClass™ account has been generated for you. FirstClass™ is e-mail and conferencing software that will be used extensively in many of your courses and will keep you on top of what is going on in the Department of Education over the course of your studies.
1. Get your username and password
To obtain your NetName, go to MyConcordia.ca and follow the instructions.
2. Download the software
FirstClass™ Client Software is free and available for download here
3. What is my e-mail address?
Your Department of Education e-mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Where is my home page?
FirstClass™ can host your personal home page for you.
1. Try to find the solution to your problem using the built-in online help function of the FirstClass™ Client software.
2. If it is course related, speak with your professor. (e.g. When is my assignment due?)
3. E-mail email@example.com and provide as much detail as possible regarding your FirstClass™ issue. Be sure to include your username and course number.
4. Contact the IITS Service Desk:
Error: “Sorry there is no FirstClass server with that name on the network. Check your connection setup. ”
Solution: From the menu, under Collaborate, select "home.fc Setup" and enter in the server field "education.concordia.ca"
Error: “The user ID or password is not valid. Check that you have entered your user ID and password correctly. ”
Solution: Try again by retyping your information on the login window, or re-verify your NetName at MyConcordia.ca
A FirstClass™ Client is installed in Room LB-565.
Undergrads can use IT services on both SGW and LOY campuses.