Educational Studies brings together the domains of history, philosophy, politics and sociology of education. The emphasis in this field of study falls on fundamental theoretical issues in contemporary education, such as:
- cross-cultural approaches to literacy;
- issues of differences in gender, class and race;
- popular culture, media and education;
- critical theory and pedagogy; and,
- feminist critical pedagogy.
Our research interests include:
- the history of progressive education;
- the philosophy of science and technology in education;
- peace education;
- neo-liberalism and globalization, and
- multiculturalism and international development in education.
See also Adult Education